I’ve been in a fun sidebar debate with Winghunter over character and conservative. Winghunter doesn’t think that Huckabee is conservative and neither is McCain.
I happen to agree that there are some things that Huck has done that doesn’t follow the views of some conservatives. But instead of debating the negatives, I propose we debate the positives.
Here are some things that Huck has done:
- Governed a Democrat state as a republican for almost 12 years (elected twice)
- Carried out the death penalty
- Left the state with a $1Billion surplus
- Improved Education
- Improved the roads (I’ve driven through the state top to bottom 6 times in the last year – I can vouch).
- Has been pro-life his entire political career
- Accepted Thompson’s suggestion for a ‘Lincoln-Douglas’ style debate. Thompson declined.
What Has Thompson Done?