From the Guttmacher Website:
Most Important Reasons for Terminating an Unwanted Pregnancy
- Concern for/responsibility to other individuals
- cannot afford baby now
- a baby would interfere with school/employment/ability to care for dependents
- would be a single parent/having relationship problems
- has completed childbearing
Should I editorialize? I think I will. I can’t resist. From the top . . .
Terminating = Abortion That may seem obvious. But, people like to ‘redefine’ themselves to make them seem more pleasant. Here’s some more examples. Terrorist = insurgent. Liberal = progressive. Pro-Abortion = pro-choice. See? Don’t accept the new terms.
You want to be pro-choice? Choose to accept responsibility for your actions. That brings me to the bullets.
- How about concern for/responsibility for the life you helped create.
- How about – Get a job. It’s what responsible people do.
- Of course, going on a date can get in the way of school/employment.
- Single parent? There’s lots of them. I’m pretty sure most people don’t abort their children during divorce court.
- has completed childbearing – evidently not.
I am very sure this would be a very difficult situation. I’m sure that a young girl would be confused and scared. And I don’t think for a moment that she should be alone – it takes two. We cannot as a community afford to continue to allow people to escape the consequences of their actions. Especially when the cost is a life.
There is a candidate that has always supported life. I stand with Mike Huckabee and he needs our help.