At lunch today, my kids were singing “I know an old lady.”
I did a little research. The fine for disturbing a bald eagle – which is on the endangered species list is $20000.
If the little old lady had the misfortune of swallowing:
1. The Karner Blue Butterfly
2. The Meshweaver spider to catch the fly
3. The Short Eared Owl to catch the spider
4. The Gray Wolf to catch the bird
5. And the cougar to catch the wolf
She’d be looking at a $100000 fine. Ouch. Might be a good idea to keep her mouth closed.